Gym Equipment Maintenance Tips:
Below you will find basic safety and gym equipment maintenance information for the various products that we offer. Please note that this information is not complete. Be sure to carefully read and understand all warning, safety and maintenance labels on every machine you purchase before use. Failure to do so may result in serious injury. It is imperative that you retain all Owner’s Manuals and be sure all warning labels are legible and intact. If you have any questions about the operation, set up or maintenance of any machine please call 0861 642 246.
General Safety Rules:
There is a risk assumed by all individuals who use this type of gym equipment. To minimize risk, you must follow these rules:
- Inspect equipment before each workout. Check that all nuts, bolts, screws and pop pins are in place and fully tightened. Also, before use, check cables for signs of wear. Replace all worn parts immediately. Never use a machine if any parts are damaged or missing. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE RULES MAY RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY.
- Keep clear of cables and all moving parts when the machine is in use.
- Always make sure all Snap Links are closed when doing any cable/pulley/strap exercises.
- Exercise with care. Perform your exercises at a smooth moderate pace; never perform jerky or uncoordinated movements that may cause injury.
- It is recommended that you should workout with a training partner.
- Do not allow children or minors to play on or around this equipment.
- If unsure of the proper use of gym equipment, call 0861 642 246.
- WARNING: Consult your physician before starting your exercise program.
Precision craftsmanship assures our ability to consistently deliver products of the highest standards. Our products have been carefully designed to ensure safe, efficient long term operation. However, it must be realized that safe use of this equipment requires that owners carefully read and follow the manufacturers’ use recommendations, warnings, and gym equipment maintenance guidelines.
Routine inspection and maintenance are of critical importance to ensure maximum safety and performance. We use the highest quality materials available, but wear is inevitable. Therefore, you must carefully inspect your equipment as outlined in the Maintenance Schedule. Be advised that dangerous conditions can arise even during a warranty period. A warranty does not negate the owner’s responsibility to thoroughly, carefully and daily inspect the machine.
Including maintaining the equipment the owner’s responsibility is also to:
- Be sure to always provide adequate supervision to all end-users.
- Be sure to instruct all end-users of proper usage.
- Be sure all supervisors and personal trainers who instruct end-users on equipment use are properly trained and know the function and importance of every adjustment and setting.
Also, be sure these trainers provide proper instruction to end-users on the fundamentals of strength training.
- While the machine is not in use. Carefully run your fingers along the cable to feel for thinning or bulging areas. Replace cables immediately at the first sign of damage or wear. Do not use equipment until damaged cable has been replaced.
- Visually inspect the cables for fraying, cracking or peeling.
- Check slack in cables and re-adjust cable tension if needed.
- Check that the jam nut on the selector rod top bolt is tight.
- Wipe down after every workout.
- Periodically take the time to use a mild soap or mild vinyl upholstery cleaner. Avoid using any abrasive cleaner not intended for use on vinyl.
- Keep sharp or pointed objects out of your pockets and clear of all upholstery.
- Periodically inspect all nuts and bolts. Tighten if needed. If bolts seem to loosen periodically, use Loctite 242 for a long-term cure.
- Go through a re-tightening sequence periodically to ensure that all hardware is properly tensioned.
Wipe clean with a dust free rag. Lubricate with Silicon or Teflon based lubricant.
Adjustments / Locking Pins / Tightening Knobs:
- Check all pieces for signs of visible wear or damage.
- Check springs in Snap Links and Pop Pins for proper tension and alignment.
- If the spring sticks or has lost its rigidity, replace it immediately.
Replace if they appear worn or become slippery.
Warning Instruction Labels:
Inspect and familiarize yourself with all safety warnings and other user information on decals.